americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrapland unplayable  (Read 5157 times)
Tantrix187
Moderately Interested

« on: September 21, 2010, 09:59:12 AM »

So I finally got my Scrapland copy and installed it on my Win7 computer.

But it turns out that this game is having starforce (which wasn't mentioned on the cover and the description at all!) and my computer blocks all attemps to let star force to become installed out of not being compatible(which is true).

There are no fix files for the German copy and I won't get any refund of this game because this was a private auction. The starforce removal tool works only on the installed starforce protection and not on the file which triggers the requirement.

Now I have just wasted money for this unplayable trash!

I am really pissed right now, and sure as hell won't buy Alice MR on ANY plattform if it has any sort of DRM >_<
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:03:52 AM by Tantrix187 » Logged
α.j.croωlεγ
Occasional Straight-Jacket Use Suggested

ʝσᎥɳԵ ℘ɛɼsѻɳɑℓᎥԵʏ

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

Hey, careful with your words! If you can't make it work doesn't mean the game is trash.

I AM FOUND ON CLOCKTOPS, IN BOOK TOWERS AND ROOF DEPOSITORIES
Tantrix187
Moderately Interested

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »

Hey, careful with your words! If you can't make it work doesn't mean the game is trash.

It is trash if it is unplayable and if you have no support or fix or whatsoever to play it. It's like a broken gun. You can't shoot someone if this thing doesn't work, thus it's uselsess.
InsidiousTweedle
Less than three
Global Moderator
building our own rabbit holes

Yay.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

Well, technically, it's more like a gun that can't be fired underwater, as it's being attempted to run on something that it wasn't originally intended for, I assume.

Why sit in your dark and lonely room?
Must your every word be sincere?
Here's a vial of laughing gas perfume;
See that people smile when you're near.
kevinkenosis
Occasional Straight-Jacket Use Suggested

better than u

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:52:37 AM »

at least you can look at it and wonder what it's like to play it. :P

Quote from: kevinkenosis
cool
Quote from: InsidiousTweedle
Story.
Quote from: α.j.croωlεγ
Bro
Tantrix187
Moderately Interested

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

Well, technically, it's more like a gun that can't be fired underwater, as it's being attempted to run on something that it wasn't originally intended for, I assume.

Thanks for putting it better.
MJ
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:56:05 PM »

SCRAPLAND, SCRAPPED?! - Same here too, and I bought mine off the bargain rack at Office Depot years ago.  Loved it then, but had a crappy lappy [lol] so it lagged too much to play solidly.   

Better rig now and found my diskset, but alas-
. . nuffin. 

Surely American McGee, whose stock I keep reading is definitely up just now, can remedy this unfortunate foible in an otherwise top-ranking game; surely, for those who have already paid the cost for their product, and who won't pirate it just to get a fixed version. 

Certainly that warrants consideration at boardroom tables there [how to keep the games relevant to ack!, Win7, Win8]. 

There are dozens of posted cases of the same issue concerning Scrapland; apparently a LOT of ppl are upset by this, not just we two, here. 

AVENGE US; FIX STARFORCE OR CREDIT - Please let us know when a AMcG fix is available, that we who have applied be given a link to a posted fix, a credit, a discount, or other consideration towards NEWER brand releases/titles, to redeem some value from our having purchased the non-working versions. 

As they say, "meet us halfway", 'cos I also understand that y'all didn't see this coming either. 

C'mon guys, we cast our vote for y'all by spending our money, now affirm to us that we did the right thing by giving us a remedy, please [my email's available for further talks]. 

Thx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: