americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alice: Madness Returns Problem FAQ and Information  (Read 182726 times)
ToxicTeddy
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »

so I think I have the most fantastic problem of all.  I cant even play the game  :yeah:

It downloads just fine.  i click it to open it.  click the launch button in the little menu thing and then nothing.  nothing at all.  no error, no hiccup, no glitch, no black screen.  nothing happens.  like i never clicked it in the first place.  Everything is downloaded just fine.  I have plenty of space on my computer for it.  I have an HP Netbook Mini. 

any suggestions or do I have a $40 coaster?
xomp
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2011, 07:16:49 AM »

I signed up here to mention that I too am stuck at the part where you must stomp the Queens heart after crushing the cannon thing.  It's telling me to press the Right Mouse Button to Stomp but that's not working.  I'm using the default keybinds.  This game was released in June? 8 pages of bug reports and hacky workarounds and the developers have not released a patch yet?

I can say you've lost a customer for good.  I'll be sure to exercise my freedom of speech on every public forum/social network to express my disgust in such blatant disregard in fixing game breaking bugs such as these.  You have our money now so what does it matter, right? I'm afraid not.

I purchased this game on Steam, perhaps I can contact them for a refund? Anyone do this yet? This is simply unacceptable.
hek8981
Moderately Interested

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »

Reminder: Don't hate on McGee and Spicy Horse for lack of a patch. Lilith explains where best to direct complaints if you hope for a patch in this blog post here - http://www.americanmcgee.com/2011/08/10/the-right-ears/
To sum it up and save you a click... Patches, ultimately, are EA's bag, NOT Spicy Horse's. Report the bugs to EA's technical support forums (http://support.ea.com/) or call 866-543-5435. And I quote "The more people complain about a specific problem through these channels, the more likely it is that something will be done about it more quickly."
Blaarp
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

Umbrella : the other bug (and his workaround)

Infamous among PC players, the umbrella bug is mainly known for key-binding 2 different functions at a same control.   However  there is another bug, solely affecting the reflection of incoming attacks, regardless of the binded key. 

The bug

The following code line is known to assign the deflecting attack fonction ( using the umbrella) to the "G" key. 
[Engine.  PlayerInput]
.  .  . 
+Bindings=(Name="G",Command="TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false")

The interesting part is in bold, it say : when pushing G call the opening of the umbrella, when releasing G call the folding of the umbrella. 
So far there is no bug, it's when it come to executing those functions this second bug kick-in. 

When you look at X:\ProgFiles\.  .  .  \config\DefaultInput, at the bottom,  there is a list of key command who reference every function of Alice.   And those are the same as those referenced in the key binding. 

If one look at the Key_Block command ( the umbrella )

[Engine.  KeyCommands]
.  .  . 
Key_Block                  = TriggerBlock

Houston, we have a problem.  .  . 

The workaround

The problem being this command doesn't call the umbrella functions and thus disable completely the umbrella. 
When you push the umbrella, you call the umbrella,  but there is no code line to open it!

How resolve this solution ?

1) Back-up the DefaultInput file. 
2) Open the DefaultInput file and look for [Engine.  KeyCommands] at the end of the file
3) Change the following line

into

Key_Block                  = TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false

and mind the space. 

4) Save the change. 

If Windows forbid you to modify DefaultInput, save the modified file in another repository. 
Delete DefaultInpuT in  
\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Alice Madness Returns\Alice2\AliceGame\Config.   
Replace it with the  modified DefaultInput. 

I'm currently playing with a DefaultInput.  doc instead of a .  ini and it work fine. 

On the other hand, is there something to disable the 16:9 display of the game ?
xomp
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »

Quote from: hek8981 link=topic=2876.  msg179940#msg179940 date=1316623802
Reminder: Don't hate on McGee and Spicy Horse for lack of a patch.   Lilith explains where best to direct complaints if you hope for a patch in this blog post here - hxxp: www.  americanmcgee.  com/2011/08/10/the-right-ears/
To sum it up and save you a click.  .  .   Patches, ultimately, are EA's bag, NOT Spicy Horse's.   Report the bugs to EA's technical support forums (hxxp: support.  ea.  com/) or call 866-543-5435.   And I quote "The more people complain about a specific problem through these channels, the more likely it is that something will be done about it more quickly.  "

In my mind if a company chooses to lay with another company they are equally accountable.   Stop pointing fingers and laying blame elsewhere (not you hek8981, but rather McGee)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:38:23 AM by xomp » Logged
Quolli
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 05:16:04 AM »

I've heard of people changing their Hysteria button but there's no option to change it in Configuration. How would I go about doing this?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:37:51 AM by Quolli » Logged

Tinman6870
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »

I also have this problem with the Pinball cannon.   >:-( Had the problem with the umbrella (fixed) and the Giant Stomping problem (fixed)  Is there a fix for this Pinball cannon yet? Impatiently waiting. . .  :-/

Quote from: Nerrath link=topic=2876. msg174603#msg174603 date=1311766780
Am i the only one that far in the game to have this problem:

Quote from: Nerrath link=topic=2876.  msg171006#msg171006 date=1310070385
Im still stuck in the canon of the doll house pinball game :(

changing keys or pressing space does not work :(

xomp
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »

Quote from: Tinman6870 link=topic=2876. msg181215#msg181215 date=1319850894
I also have this problem with the Pinball cannon.    >:-( Had the problem with the umbrella (fixed) and the Giant Stomping problem (fixed)  Is there a fix for this Pinball cannon yet? Impatiently waiting.  .  .   :-/

Quote from: Nerrath link=topic=2876.  msg174603#msg174603 date=1311766780
Am i the only one that far in the game to have this problem:

Quote from: Nerrath link=topic=2876.   msg171006#msg171006 date=1310070385
Im still stuck in the canon of the doll house pinball game :(

changing keys or pressing space does not work :(

Any chance you'll post your Giant Stomp fix? I've tried everything and nothing works.

Nexicallium
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »

Quote from: ToxicTeddy link=topic=2876.  msg179880#msg179880 date=1316497676
so I think I have the most fantastic problem of all.    I cant even play the game  :yeah:

It downloads just fine.    i click it to open it.    click the launch button in the little menu thing and then nothing.    nothing at all.    no error, no hiccup, no glitch, no black screen.    nothing happens.    like i never clicked it in the first place.    Everything is downloaded just fine.    I have plenty of space on my computer for it.    I have an HP Netbook Mini.   

any suggestions or do I have a $40 coaster?

This is my problem too, only I'm operating on an Intel Pentium, Windows X P.   Mine used to launch, except it would give me the pop-up of some "Just In Time Debugger" error.   I solved that problem, except now it won't show up at all.   Anyone have any advice?
sum-blink
Borderline Obsessive

ILoveYouAll.

« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »

Now I wanted to play AMR again, but I have the umbrella bug too. EvanescentAngel's trick didn't worked for me, since I did it, I have no Caps Lock function in the game. Grin It won't be any patch... The funny thing is they're worked at the first time: umbrella, stomp... except Caps Lock.

But I had a solution for the Caps Lock bug: in the options/controls/camera you have to set aiming to toggle from hold all the time when you start playing. That's it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now I'm stucked at the Hatter. Cool. Sad face
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:00:16 AM by sum-blink » Logged

Every adventure requires a first step.
Repticon
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

Hello all- I just wanted to share a fix of the umbrella bug that worked for me.   I tried changing the INI files and all that junk, that was all crap.

Simply- Load your Alice game (get into the game) change all of your controls to default.   Hit "restart" for the level you are on.

Verify that your umbrella works WHILE holding down the focus key.  (default is caps lock + E).

Now, if you wish to change your controls and remap them, I used a program called GlovePie found here hxxp: www. winportal. com/glovepie/download

You can change all of your controls in game EXCEPT "E" and "C" for some reason changing these from default messes up your umbrella.

This is where GlovePie comes in, simply remap those two keys and viola- you're good to go.

My GlovePie reads e=numpad1 and c=blackslash.   All other controls are changed in game.   Also, don't forget to go to controls-> camera and switch your focus from hold to toggle in game.

Hope this works better for you than editing all those INI files.
TechTiger
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »

Hello People. . . new guy here backing you up on some of your issues with Alice.  :-)

Like others, who have posted here, I had been waiting a long time for this game to arrive.  I finally purchased it & installed it 2 days ago.  Also like most of the other people on here I have experienced a number of bugs.  Let me here to those of you who are expounding that this looks like a windows 7 problem, that if that were true I wouldn't be posting on here.  My system is set up with windows ack! Pro & so far the game has displayed the following bugs, & mind you, I'm not even that far into the game.  Would be farther along if not for the bugs!

1: The "Run Away Alice Problem!) You know. . .  when she suddenly takes off on her own, and runs full speed right off the side of a high place.  Or if you get lucky enough to catch here first she will keep on running until you either tap the hell out of the movement keys, or reset the keyboard config to default.  Which it was set at anyway? But doing that default thing seems to kill the bug. . . temporarily anyway.

2: Usually you can see by turning Alice about with the mouse.  I found a couple of keyholes where the room at the end was visually locked with no mouse control at all.  Also in the factory, where I just arrived. . . you walk down a hall to your right, and at the end you confront 2 huge presses located to your left.  They are slamming into the wall. . . and guess what. . . no mouse visual controls again. . . not that big of a deal there right? Then after you go up and leave a clockwork bomb on the switch and proceed to jump onto the big gear you end up on the ledge & pull the switch to change around the press action in the room below.  After jumping down & over the gear, going up the stairs you can now turn right and jump up onto platform with trash bin in floor.  Then jump down through gateway, where you now confront 2 more pile driver presses.  This time they occupy 2 very tall steps.  And guess what, yeah, no mouse control again! Visuals are locked in so that you have to use the left key to move sideways it seems, while double jumping, while timing it to make it up and under the 2 pressed slamming down.  If you've had patience enough to accomplish that task, you will now turn right & find yourself confronted with yes, 2 more presses.  These are in mid-air and the jump has to be timed so that you don't get squashed by either one of the presses, and also don't come up short on the loooooong jump to the ledge below.

3: Now this is where the 3rd REALLY notorious bug, "THE UMBRELLA BUG", first bugged me.  I was luckier than some on here though.  The umbrella worked when I was facing the first menacing ruin in Hatter's domain.  But now, here I find myself confronted with 2 bolter-fly nests to destroy, along with a few bolter-flies that have already left home, a swarm of insidious ruins coming up out of the floor, an irate eye-pot to contend with, oh, and the star of the show. . . the menacing ruin too! Well I have to say that my umbrella did display, but did absolutely nothing to protect me from the fire balls that I was being bombarded with! It is supposed to bounce those back at the damn thing, breaking he arms he's guarding the 3 faces with right? Wrong!. . It didn't do a GD thing!!! If after fighting the gang of thugs I'd had enough life left to play with perhaps I would have done the clockwork bomb thing, mentioned somewhere on here, & pepper gunned the SOB in the face.  But I was close to dying, several times I might add! So there I am, like a lot of others, stuck and frustrated with this game we waiting so long for!

4: While I'm on a rant here. . let's not forget to mention the phys-x disaster.  I'm running a dual core 3. 4Ghz & an ATI HD 4670 video card.  Phys-x  should be able to be disabled in the menu.  Also this is the first time I've owned a game that doesn't allow you choose standard 5:4 ratio.  Bogus you programmers, BOGUS!

Now one last thing I've noticed, and remember, I only just installed this game, so if I don't uninstall it, and throw the damn disk out of the window, there will be probably be more to follow.  So, while looking through the checkpoint folder, located in the game folder, in My Documents, what should I behold? Seems that the checkpoint save files had somehow become associated with my Steam program.  Am I smelling the symptoms of another lousy DRM problem here? Just thought I'd throw that one out there too.  >:-(

Once last thing.
It's been long enough since this games release, & enough people have documented the same problems, on different hardware, for the problems to be noted.  When can we, your loyal, at least we were, customers, expect a patch for this lame crap? And no more excuses please.
urghthisgame
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:20 AM »

I recently downloaded the alice madness returns game on my pc and it won’t start, it always says "Alice madness returns has encountered a problem and needs to be closed".  I was wondering is there a solution to this problem? If so please tell me what it was as I would love to play this game.
 thanks
captaingiggles
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »

I am thoroughly annoyed at this point. Signed up just to say that I'm stuck at Alice as a Giant and NONE of the "fixes" people have listed have helped/solved the problem.

Is there ANYTHING else I can try?
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2012, 07:09:55 PM »

Ummmm...Bully EA with us? We're sick of it too.
fiszi
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »

Hi,

I just have money to buy a laptop but I have no internet access, and the game requires internet... How can I install the game? Is there any cracks or something?

It is so annoying, I waited 9 f*cking months to get the game and thanking for their damned thinking "everybody has internet on every computers of them, it is a natural thing" I couldn't even install it!!!!  tear! Unsure

Help me please!
infinitysend
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »

I joined just to say that I am quite saddened and dismayed to see the utter lack of support by EA on this game.   EA makes how many billions each year?  *checks Wikipedia* Oh, looks like 3. 5 BILLION.   How about you guys cough up some fixes and make a patch for this game?  That'll cost you what, a few thousand dollars?  IF that?  This could probably be solved by no more than 5 people.

The fact of the matter is this: EA released a bug-riddled game with probably the bare minimum of Quality control.  They have, as of yet, done little to nothing to resolve this.   All you can do is keep calling tech support as directed by this post: americanmcgee .  com/2011/08/10/the-right-ears/  Until enough people make can prick their stubborn ears, their priorities are elsewhere.   

It's quite a shame, too; beyond its shortcomings, the game is fantastic.
SakuKeks
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »

Hey i have an problem O_o now today i played a little bit amr and i have now a music bug (battle music) www.    youtube.    com/watch?v=W4dK90izDZ0&list=PL358D8DFCFFFCFCD3&index=9&feature=plpp_videoat 07:00 you can see this Menacing Ruin, now my problem is it wasn't there -.     -.     .      So I ran some more now this stupid battle music don't stop.     .       :dur: can somebody tell me how it can stop? I started the game again, again and agaaaaaaain.     .     .       :er?:

Sorry for my bad english  :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:30:05 AM by SakuKeks » Logged
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »

As said many times, even by American himself, and you would understand if ya'll would just read the threads or search before posting your issues.

GO
BADGER
EA!

We can't do anything.
bmitchell2407
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »

Hi, Guys,

I'm brand new to the forum, and I don't know if anyone still reads this or is trying to play this game, but I have a fix for the Umbrella bug that really works.  You need to edit the DefaultInput file in . . . \Alice Madness Returns\Alice2\AliceGame\Config.  The faulty line is near the bottom in KeyCommand section.  The original line says:

Edit this line to say:

Key_Block                  = TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false

Start the game, reset your keyboard controls to default, change the keys to your desire, and then restart the game, and it will work.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: