americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alice Madness Returns, Black borders...  (Read 3360 times)
GrandTickler
Fly By Night Newb

« on: June 16, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »

ok first of all wtf is up with the registration, make it any more anti-bot protective and it keeps out real people aswel.   :loopy: i dont want to fill out a complete math test before i can get on a forum lol.

anyway, on to the topic.
i noticed i have some very big black borders at the bottom and top of the screen taking up nearly half of the screensize, will those go away after some time or did everyone all of a sudden stopped suporting 5:4 resolutions? this pissed me off in the witcher 2 aswel and i refuse to even buy it before they release the resolution support patch there.

any way to get rid of these cursed black borders trough ini tweaking? or am i screwed with my 1280x1024 monitor.

α.j.croωlεγ
Occasional Straight-Jacket Use Suggested

ʝσᎥɳԵ ℘ɛɼsѻɳɑℓᎥԵʏ

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:00:46 AM »

lol, i posted a topic about this awhile ago, no one replied though, so i deleted it.
i switched game to a windowed mode and found out that black borders disappear only when it works in 1280x720 resolution, so technically the game is 16:9.
my screen is 16:10, so i'm having the same black borders too. i haven't found a way to remove them.

I AM FOUND ON CLOCKTOPS, IN BOOK TOWERS AND ROOF DEPOSITORIES
GrandTickler
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »

i really hope they release a patch (like they do soon with the witcher 2) adding support for 5:4 resolutions cause the black borders take up so much space. 

heres a screenshot  :-(

images dont seem to be working so ill link it.    remove the space
tinyurl. com/alice0
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:45:20 AM by GrandTickler » Logged

Dark-hattris10/6
Marginally Interesting

Yes, he's looking at you.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:50:19 AM »

i really hope they release a patch (like they do soon with the witcher 2) adding support for 5:4 resolutions cause the black borders take up so much space.  

heres a screenshot  Sad face

images dont seem to be working so ill link it.    remove the space
 www.tinyurl.com/alice0

Fixed it. Wow that stinks.

The world is upside down, Alice. Inmates run the asylum – no offense. And worst of all… I’m left teeeeeaaa-less,” whines Hatter =(
SowaSky
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »

I gotta say.   As a bunch a computer geeks, these developers should of known what to add into their games already.   But game after game, they always fukk up the easiest and basic things.   Just because 16:9 ratio is the standard for television these days doesn't mean they should make their game to that aspect ratio.   Freaking Noobs.   It pisses me off when someone who knows about computer and programming more then me screws up the most basic things.   That just shows how some people shouldn't be working there or should be fire.   Come on seriously!  How do you not make a game competible with other screen resolution and aspect ratio especially on PC.   One of the most basic things on a computer.   Freakin Noobs.   Instead of making it compatible with the best 16:10 ratio (cause 16:9 sucks), they rather put letterbox (black boxes) on the top and bottom to make it 16:9.   Actually really they just made it support 16:9 thats why you see black boxes.   Once again! Freakin Noobs.   They should be smarter than me but they're not.

I gotta mention this again.   Control programming in this game sucks.   Horrible game controls for DL pc version.   Alice starts moving in different directions automatically.   Damn Bitch dont want to dodge the direction that I want her too.   Very anoying.
GrandTickler
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »

the controlls are ok imo, the only thing that i find anoying about that is using the Tab/caps keys, but thats just because im not used to using them

darksorrow
Borderline Obsessive

>;D

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »

the controlls are ok imo, the only thing that i find anoying about that is using the Tab/caps keys, but thats just because im not used to using them
ahaha same here woo!

ashleikka
Requires Daily Medication

Within a dream

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 04:20:48 AM »

ahaha same here woo!

I have black boarders too, but luckily they aren't bothering me all that much, so I have learned to live with it. The controls however make me want to kill myself sometimes. I am really not used to using these keys, and somehow I always manage to hit the wrong ones when in combat Plth! Also my poor little tiny fingers/hands are too small to go all the way over to the other side of the keyboard to hit the "Enter" key for Hysteria mode. It's always a close call. Whatevs I guess.

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams...
darksorrow
Borderline Obsessive

>;D

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »

its true, about the hysteria.its too far away xD luckily I needed it only a few times on hard woo! we'll see on nightmare (that will be when i'm done with the exams)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: