americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alice 3? *SPOILERS*  (Read 24688 times)
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »

Kinda being discussed here - http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2935.0  Yeah!
oOFrollxTaceOo
Moderately Interested

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 03:36:29 PM »

I heard that this is the last time we will see Alice. Such a pity because the game becomes so repetitive after the 3rd chapter it's nauseating. Alice deserved better.

"Chaillfidh Whosoever fola seo caite. Cuirfidh Trí fear a chuid fola a chaillfidh. Chun díolúine Dia a dhéanamh ar sé an fear. Scriosann go léir go bhfuil a olc. Féidir sin, go bhfuil dea-rath. Agus beidh mé ag brath ort i measc mo chuid caorach bail ar fónamh orthu. Agus tú beidh a chosaint go léir
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

"Oh, Alice, What have you done?"

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »

http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2935.0

"The Red Queen is dead and gone....for now...."
oOFrollxTaceOo
Moderately Interested

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:30 PM »

wtf why are you posting that?

it keeps sending me back here. wtf is this?

"Chaillfidh Whosoever fola seo caite. Cuirfidh Trí fear a chuid fola a chaillfidh. Chun díolúine Dia a dhéanamh ar sé an fear. Scriosann go léir go bhfuil a olc. Féidir sin, go bhfuil dea-rath. Agus beidh mé ag brath ort i measc mo chuid caorach bail ar fónamh orthu. Agus tú beidh a chosaint go léir
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »

The topics got merged together, this topic was already discussing what you made a topic about and they got put together into one  Smile!
oOFrollxTaceOo
Moderately Interested

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:06 AM »

The topics got merged together, this topic was already discussing what you made a topic about and they got put together into one  Smile!
I think I've gone mad.

drachehexe
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 12:30:04 AM »

I think I've gone mad.

We're all mad here...

"52 pickup is a staple of juvenile humor, but when the deck slices and dices it's no laughing matter."
Donathor
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »

Maybe it's best to wait at least 10 years to make another sequel.  By then there will be many new technologies, making it much more immersive to play.  Maybe a true VR environment? Imagine Alice 1 and Alice 2 combined into one entirely new game in VR. . .  Straightjacket included when you buy the game.  :p

Very few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do. Some don't ever want to.
Cheshire Cat
Ambient
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »

I'm not too happy to think I'll have to wait until I'm 30 years old for a new Alice.
However, with technology hopefully advancing it better be virtual reality where you -are- Alice! lol
darkglobe
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »

I think there will be a sequel. It's gonna take time. If not a flat out full sequel, I think there will be some DLC chapters.
mediakill
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »

why is this topic listed as alice 3 spoilers? what the hell is being spoiled. its a wish thread. A little too soon i might add.
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

why is this topic listed as alice 3 spoilers? what the hell is being spoiled. its a wish thread. A little too soon i might add.
It's listed as Alice 3 *SPOILERS* because there might be discussions about AMR in here.

Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »

I think it's like a pattern, It's most likely we'll see Alice 3 after Mcgee is finished with his next project he's working on now which the technology might be more advanced by then since it's most likely that Mcgee is going to use another game engine for Alice 3.

Or maybe their already working on Alice 3 as we speak. Although I do hope Mcgee buys the rights to Alice from EA based on past mistakes allowing them to to put more time & effort in Alice 3 than A:MR.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:51:52 PM by Nannak » Logged
Knave Of Hearts
Named on a Restraining Order

Karma's only a bitch if you are.

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »

Alice 3 is definitely NOT in the works...for now.

"If you drink much from a bottle marked 'poison' it is almost certain to disagree with you, sooner or later."
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »

Alice 3 is definitely NOT in the works...for now.
Yeahhh I think we're gonna have to wait a few years lol

MrMadCheshireCat
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »

Well i think we won't wait many years. We all know American McGee has many ideas for Alice 3 (if it comes in a future). i'd love to play another Alice game, the story has many inexhaustable resources, if there's another sequel i want to see combo attacks and many other ways of jumping (like flips  Yeah! ). Talking about technology, we all know how fast it revolutions, another 10 years would be exagerated.

Now it's time to put your blade to work
mediakill
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »

if we do get a new one i sure hope they really try to put their all into it this time, no retreading of ideas. One final bang to end the adventure and conclude the storyline.

But from the looks of it i kinda doubt its gonna be for awhile if it does. Think Mcgee would want a break from alice to maybe go into other things for awhile. Don't think he wants to rush out another alice before taking a break from it first.

A break might help in the originality department, still hoping for a OZ game thats not a MMO  Koo-koo... or maybe the riding hood game. A year or two break he can put all his ideas for alice together into one nice piece to conclude it like a trilogy. It took several years to get a new alice, i think it would be proper if we waited for the next chapter if there is going to be one. I realize fans are excited but pushing for a new alice right now after alice 2 would be kinda silly. I'm pretty sure Mcgee will come back to this later.
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »

Just bringing this back up because after playing through the game again i remembered this very small shot right that comes right before the scene of Alice pushing Bumby onto the tracks, what does everyone think of this?

Does it mean the entire thing was in her head? That she didn't actually recover and leave Rutledge at the end of the first game but rather only did so in her head as a continuation of piecing her mind back together and now she has she's awoken in the real world?
gbetch
Administrator
Borderline Obsessive

Do you play croquette?

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure that shot was to illustrate her "waking up" to the reality of what was going on and everything coming together. Sort of like an epiphany. Its also her waking up from being weak and fragile in the real world, thus bringing her Wonderland self out and into reality.

I believe my arms are adequate, indeed i do!
perfectstranger
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »

@pixelchu

Yes, the cheshire cat said "we can't go home" but he didn't mean Wonderland, he meant the real world.  Because the player is expecting Alice to walk out into real London, cured of her psychological problems.

And that's the symbolism between the blend of the real world and Wonderland - that Alice is not fully cured.

Moving on, the very final scene of the game shows "The Looking Glass"

This pretty says there will be Alice 3.  If anyone has read the book, "Beyond the Looking Glass and what Alice found there" is like a continuation to the first book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".

McGee did the same, he gave us a glimpse into the Looking Glass.

Furthermore, the cat says "Our Wonderland, although damaged, is safe in memory. . . . for now"

So if McGee decides to get on that, we know what to look forward to from Alice 3.

I just hope they ramp up the graphics and that they don't take a decade to make another video game, lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: