americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alice: Madness Returns Release Date Check Problem, Game won't run, error message  (Read 3344 times)
FifthDream
Fly By Night Newb

« on: June 19, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »

Very frustrated.   Installing the game, the Release Date Check runs, then i get an error stating "You do not have access rights to complete this process.   Please log in as administrator and restart this application.  " Then another: "To complete the installation and activation, you must have Administrator rights.   Please log in as administrator and restart this application.  " And then again: "You do not have access rights to complete this process.   Please log in as administrator and restart this application.  "

I am loggged in to an administrator user account on Vista.   I activated the default Administrator account, entered it, activated the game fine there.   When i came back to the other account i tried prevously (the account i'd actually like to play the game on), i get the same messages again.   It seems i should have the rights to complete the validation, and if the validation was successful on one account, why does it not continue to work when i switch? Is it related to the fact that the validation program is running from a temp folder? How can i remedy this?

Greatful for any advice anyone might be able to give.   Thanks.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:38:25 PM by FifthDream » Logged
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »

I think if you right-click whatever it is you're running you can select "Run as Administrator" or something along those lines, that might help.
StingingVelvet
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 10:54:01 PM »

Yes, that should work.

Also if there's no reason not to it's always better to game on an admin profile.
FifthDream
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »

Ah, i should have mentioned that i have tried to run it as administrator with the same results.

And i'd like to be able to run it on my regular account, just to be able to keep my regular programs running in the background (instant message, irc, etc.  Not very convenient to have to set all that up on another account just to play a game that should install normally and not be hampered by drm.  ;))
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: