americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLE - Beta/Deleted Content (With Deleted Speech Download)  (Read 46314 times)
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2011, 07:11:24 AM »

Something i found and put in the Screenshots thread but forgot to add here, Rabbit was due to lose his head at some point during the game but this might be a leftover from before they switched the cutscenes to the 2D cutout animation style.

Maybe the intro was originally meant to be a playable area with Alice following Rabbit until his head get's exploded by Bumby?
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2011, 07:22:10 AM »

That wouldn't work if he was meant to be in the Vale to meet Alice.
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2011, 07:31:39 AM »

That wouldn't work if he was meant to be in the Vale to meet Alice.

Scrap my idea then. I would wonder what would happen to Rabbit and how would he lose his head...(I think we could have went to Rabbit's house from the original books and of course the picture of Alice's "House Dress" never made in the final game)

Also we never met Rabbit's house maid Mary-Ann....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:34:12 AM by Nannak » Logged
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

"Oh, Alice, What have you done?"

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »

...It's because they probably have worked on the 2 d (originally 3D)intro already before they made the swich.

"The Red Queen is dead and gone....for now...."
Vitriol
Moderately Interested

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

Thumbs up and a big thank you to rewak! For gathering up all the speech and converting them to .wav format to share with us, and for kindly demonstrating to us how to extract sound files here: http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3165.0)

Following rewak’s concise instructions, I was able to unearth even more speech files (1217 unique files in total, no kidding!), you can find them all here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mfkx677xwb2dvb

There are way too many of them for me to convert to .wav format. But you can download this program “Audacity” (as recommended by rewak) from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ to open these files.
monalisa
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »

any chance we could put this back in game???
mediakill
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »

huh? whats the point its just the audio if not mistaken not the corresponding animation, etc and not sure if it would fit back in the game accordingly now
fiszi
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 02:25:49 AM »

Thank you so much! One question: where are the original speech files, in which folder?
rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2011, 02:02:38 AM »

Following rewak’s concise instructions, I was able to unearth even more speech files (1217 unique files in total, no kidding!), you can find them all here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mfkx677xwb2dvb

These aren't extra deleted speech files, these are just all the deleted speech files i've already converted and posted with a big chunk of ones that were used in the game included.
Vitriol
Moderately Interested

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »

These aren't extra deleted speech files, these are just all the deleted speech files i've already converted and posted with a big chunk of ones that were used in the game included.

When I opened up the link you posted, http://www.mediafire.com/?zes6h12ll1uwj2c, I only managed to obtain 632 .wav sound files. But perhaps you have already converted all the SoundNodeWave deleted speech files into .wav format, and then uploaded them on a different weblink?

Cheers!

rewak
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:32 AM »

That's what i did, the link i posted is for deleted speech only converted to WAV
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »

I heard that in one point you would have actually fought Dormy & March Hare is this true?
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »

I heard that in one point you would have actually fought Dormy & March Hare is this true?

We thought we would be considering how many of the previews were written and several of the early gameplay videos shower, but I don't think so. I think that was determined from the start Alice wouldn't fight them.

There was a PLANNED boss in Oriental Groove, but it was cut. Probably one for the other areas aswell.

Carpenter and Walrus two vs. one for Depths.

Wasp Empress.

Exicutioner or Queen or SOMETHING for Queensland.

And, Dollboy of Dollmaker for Dollhouse Domain.
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »

I also noticed in the Dollhouse level, I think Alice was originally supposed to meet more Insane Children in "Frog's Way" which all that was cut and therefore turned into a meaningless circle. Infact there is still deleted dialogue from the Insane Children and even Alice talking to them in the game files.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:51:21 PM by Nannak » Logged
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »

Also in the Asylum while listing to the deleted dialogue from the Tweedle Brothers, I think Alice was also supposed to receive Electroshock therapy but it was cut out of the game...not to mention the Lobotomy which would have been the final "treatment" which has Alice walking around blowing people up with her eyes according to the art book.
mad hatta
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »

May be Alice have some deleted part  in asylum,
[5_2_A_Hatter SoundNodeWave]
Nothing to fear? False! Fear of the dark; of heights; crowds, water, the number 9; fear of death? Granted, I think.  But you certainly ted, none of fear a return to the asylum; you fear the memories that brought you there.  Ah yes, you fear all that.  Of course, it might be avoided.
Oh, I'm asian,If my english isn't good enough I'm sorry.
Thanks for the soundtrack,too.  :yeah:
Andarthiel
Moderately Interested

We're all mad here

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:18 AM »

Having a look at the first post, it's quite a shame that some of that content was cut but at the same time there was some which I'm glad was removed or replaced. The introduction bit for example of Alice doing combat in London and supposedly killing Nurse Witless just sounds really out of character for her(despite her madness).

"Every picture tells a story. Sometimes we don't like the ending. Sometimes we don't understand it."
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

I feel like the stuff in the begining would have made a lot of other things in the story make sense.

Andarthiel
Moderately Interested

We're all mad here

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »

I do agree that they should have really explained what happened to the London characters but Alice isn't a killer

"Every picture tells a story. Sometimes we don't like the ending. Sometimes we don't understand it."
Wallghost
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 12:16:25 AM »

If she hallucinated something that scared her like Pris. And pushed her in fear (like it originally happened) then it would seem in character for her. But random killing is very OOC. But its mentioned here that she originally was accused of murders for her being in the wrong place in the wrong time which is in character as well. RJ wouldn't write something or include something that didn't respect the original character.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: