americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLE - Beta/Deleted Content (With Deleted Speech Download)  (Read 46316 times)
Andarthiel
Moderately Interested

We're all mad here

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »

Ah, I see. Yes then that would work but I don't see what the random murders would add to the plot(unless they were done by Bumby ,Jack Splatter or another antagonist). It would reach no conclusion and would just leave Alice being chased for the whole game.

"Every picture tells a story. Sometimes we don't like the ending. Sometimes we don't understand it."
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »

Could someone upload all of the Orphan's Dialogue as well as Dialogue from Nanny Sharpe, Jack Splatter, Mr. Radcliff, Pris, and the Liddel Family?

I want to see how much dialogue has been cut aswell as the fact I know that Charlie (Or just the Orphans in General) was cut from the Memory list (His/Their Memory emblem is shown on the last page of the Art Book as a Rocking Horse).

I'm really rather intrigued by what they have to say.
Jamesq89
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »

The debug text "you feel ethereal" wich was in the beta trailer, is what you'll see on the screen when the player goes into noclipping mode via the console.

"Your hair wants cutting and perhaps your neck could.   .   .   'use a trim'!"
Cheshire-Bitch
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:54 AM »

@DarkandDemented: Are you talking about unused sound files that were available to download here or about the script reconstitutions that a member made here ? I have both of them, let me know and I'll upload this for you.
DarkandDemented

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »

Ummm....Both plz.
Cheshire-Bitch
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:17 AM »

So here's what you wanted : unused sounds files and txt files ! All of the reconstitued conversations are compiled in one txt file. I can't remember wich member made this. I just copy and past his work on a txt file because I loved it, it's not official but It's very well done. The sounds files are extracted from the game by a member of this forum.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hqiq715iaom20p6
Kirateufel
Marginally Interesting

Su-su-su-su-su-su-su-premacy

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »

O. o, I did not know that this exists. . .
How i can install this?

P. D: Sorry for my bad english . -.

Cheshire-Bitch
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »

Can you precise what you want to install ?
Kirateufel
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

believed that dialogues would say ingame . -.

D'x

Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »

D'x

You don't actually install anything, their just files that you open up.

Cheshire-Bitch
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

D'x

You don't actually install anything, their just files that you open up.

If you're talking about deleted dialogs, like Nannak said you don't install it, you download the file I uploaded and you listen to it. It's wave files. And if you can't open the file download winrar or winzip.  Smile!
Kirateufel
Marginally Interesting

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »

thanks . -. !

caruga
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »

Necro-poster here.

Just wanted to say that I felt something was lacking from this game the whole time I've been playing.   I've only just beaten the 1st chapter after about 8 hrs, but I picked nightmare mode on my 1st playthrough which dragged things out.   My feelings so far on the game are:

1.   I have to say 'what puzzles?'.   Nowhere have I been wracking my brains on what to do next.   You just have to remember to hit the shrink button regularly.   I've managed to pick up every memory after beating the 1st chapter, didn't miss any.
Rather, so far, the game has all been about the combat, and about occasionally missing some platform and getting to respawn immediately nearby and try again, the latter of which I don't consider to be gameplay at all.

2.   Nightmare difficulty forces you to harness the controls and study attack patterns better so as to have a solid defense.   I'm playing the pc version and I find the controls awkward, so add some fake difficulty points there, too.   Probably doesn't help that keyboards often don't register multiple presses of certain keys.   But I've gotten a harness on it now; throwing bombs, dash-spamming, and attacking from afar.   The key is not hitting buttons at the wrong time, that commit you to finishing your attack and leaving you wide open.
Two battles were punishingly difficult until I figured out the right strategy, because they caused me to respawn right at the start of the level and negotiate it all again (and break open barrels) before reaching the battle that killed me.
One battle in particular added another 3 hours of play-time.   It's the one near the end of 'Cranking up and pressing down'.   I don't know if it differs in normal mode, but you had to avoid killing a certain number of the insect-spawning things or it would unlock a teapot.
The huge delays felt like old-school 'arcade' difficulty and I kinda like how it made me shout at my monitor in frustration like I used to when I was a kid.   The delays between the battle forced me to think and refine my strategy, as I couldn't simply grind out 100+ attempts in the same time-span if I were respawning right at the fight until I lucked it out.   I felt like I'd acquired a new ability in my fingers at the end of it.

3.   Those ruins look like a rip-off of 'No-face', a creature in the anime "Spirited Away" that eats people.

As to why I'm posting in this thread, well I saw the trailer and I doubt it was a trailer made specifically to contain cut content.   In other words, anything you see in the trailer that was cut is happenstance.   Which makes me think a great deal more was cut, still.

I have a feeling this game would have been utterly amazing, i. e.  not just loved by a core fan-base but by everyone.   The cuts I suspect to have happened have converted me into yet another EA hater, whereas before I could take or leave them.   It seems artistic integrity, or the idea of backing off and letting people create the best, has no reality to them.

I'm not a fan of the 1st game (because I've never played it) and whilst I initially found the game fun I've grown bored of its repetitiveness.   I feel that what we got with the game was a mere echo of what could have been, and that a lot of the level-design was last minute substitutes.   Once you've got a bunch of fundamental building-blocks modelled and animated (steam-chutes, floating platforms, fake sub-bosses that are regular enemies, etc. ) it's fairly easy to rush out a bunch of levels to substitute for something better that was meant to be.

I also swear Dormouse and March-hare was meant to be a true boss--but conveniently the collapse of the machine at the end could be interpreted as their own incompetence rather than having been defeated, hiding the seams, so their cutting that battle was a no-brainer.

What I'm also acutely aware of, and this makes me sad, is how EA may be 'right', if that's the word--this game probably made money for them, earned them the quick buck they were looking for, and fans seem satisfied or even love the game--and if none of us had seen the leaked trailer we'd be none the wiser as to what could have been.

I myself may polish off my playthrough in the next few years, though at the end of the first chapter, and having just faced more of the same enemies at the beginning of the second (and repeated themes like a slide with teeth), it hasn't made me hungry for more.
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »

I have discovered more beta screenshots from a Russian gallery but I'm not so sure what their source was.

http://vk.com/album-740325_158619742
War
Moderately Interested

« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »

Wow a lot has changed, IDK if it's just me, but that Vorpal Blade is huge lol.
DarkandDemented

« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »

Most if not all of those are screens from the BETA Trailer.
Nannak
Borderline Obsessive

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »

Most if not all of those are screens from the BETA Trailer.

While the screens from the top of the page are entirely new and not from the beta trailer but actual ingame screenshots.
DarkandDemented

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

Hence the 'most' part.
War
Moderately Interested

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »

Umm... IDK if anybody noticed but the first quote with Carmine is the tutorial cut exactly from Gears of War 2.

I have played over 1,200 hours of GoW2, I think I should know lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut45NqVibAQ

5:15

Also, if you go through the config files of Alice, you can see a lot more placeholders from Gears of War, iirc the teapot cannon had the label Boomshot.

It's because Alice MR runs on Unreal Engine 3.5, which was made by EG. As a result, GoW references are frequently used as placeholders.
jack8642
Deeply Devoted

Spooktastic, Spooktacular!

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »

I have discovered more beta screenshots from a Russian gallery but I'm not so sure what their source was.

http://vk.com/album-740325_158619742

wow. just, MY GOD.
so that was how Proto type Red Valley (home of mad caps) and Vale of tears should Look Like, and how she faces the Hatter Industry? my god, this is just... oh my.
 this brings me Angers and Hatred toward EA even more. God Damn EA.

Grave Diggers are Very Trustful Fellows. because They never Lies until Meet the Death. (oh, Awful Pun!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: