americanmcgee.com
Username  
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day. Made.  (Read 1686 times)
TRexbait
Marginally Interesting

Screw it, let's go!

« on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »

What made your day today, or recently? What are you celebrating? What's making you happy?

A general feel-good thread for anything funny and/or happy.  Grin

It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -Dumbledore
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:30:06 AM »

I'm prideful of myself because of my Morality Final?

Ok, bit of a long story.

So, Morality is basically Sex Ed mixed with taking the Catholic Values from the bible, and then applying it to modern life. Except, the entire course is monitored by the diocies and its rather...Its sort of censored in what it can teach.

So, we finally move into sexuality and the bash on the ideas of Condoms, Abortion, and anything that could possibly prevent life (Most of which resulted in quite the debate between my teacher and I, much to the dismay of my class). Quickly after that, We get a very small thing about homosexuality.

And I quote from my notes, "Its ok to accept the person for who they are, but not if they act upon it."

I called bullshit on that. I feel bad for my teacher because I don't think he believed it himself but had to teach it anyways. I was so pissed about that, espicially since there was nothing on Pansexuality, Asexuality, Bisexuality (This should at least be mentioned.) or Transexuality, and Homosexuality got so snubed on.

What they did say also didn't help when my classmates openly called my faggot and the teacher didn't catch it. Things are changing because I joined the Diversity Club and the Principal took a persional interest in the case, but what was said in the course all but openly encouraged them calling me that.

Anyways, skip ahead to the final. Before finals, We got a 90 page packet to fill out with what we were to cover on the final. How big was the actual final? 20 questions. I was so mad about that. What was one of the questions on said final? What is the Ctaholic Church's ruling on Homosexuality? I was tempted to simply leave that it was bullshit and nothing more. Instead, I answered what the ruling was, AND THEN proceded to call it bullshit and explain why it was messed up.

At the end of the final, We got an extra credit question on how to improve the course. Spent ten pages of the test booklet absolutely bashing the course in its entirety for being extremely outdated, focusing entirely on the catholic view on things rather than other perspectives. Yes, its a catholic course, but that doesn't mean every student taking it is in fact catholic, and when the best excuse for not having sex your course can give is to "Take Jesus on your date", I think they might need to think outside the box.

I also bashed on how homosexuality was completely adverted in the entirety of the course. A bit of digging revealed why they don't. "Its a sensative subject." I was told. Of course its a freaking sensative subject but not taking about it isn't going to solve anything. This was the perfect oportunity to teach them about the different sexualities and, with numerious people calling me a fag, A great time to dispell harsh rumors about the sexualities and explain why what they're doing is wrong.

Also, it bugged me that he went to great lengths to pretty much portray STDs as imposisble to avoid, when they are avoidable if you and your partner get yourselves tested before hand. Another reason why their "Sex is bad for you" arguement falls through.

So, in all, I felt good after that final even though I'll potentially fail the course for my calling them out. I don't care.
Left Handed Bishop
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:52 AM »

Hahaha.
If they taught morality in engineering - we'd all be making mobility scooters!
Seriously though, you should dump that subject. Teaching morals is another way of brainwashing people.

I would have said something about males avoiding homosexual encounters by taking Jesus on thier date.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:59:58 AM by Left Handed Bishop » Logged
DarkandDemented
Requires Daily Medication

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

I wish I could have dropped the subject, but High School simply isn't that flexable, espicially for sophomore year.

Atleast I finished the course. I hate classes like this. Classes that are REALLY opinionated shouldn't have tests. Its stupid. It can also give the wrong idea of things.

"All these students understand that homosexuality is ok unless someone acts on it."

"Hell no, We only answered that so we could get a good grade on your stupid test. None of us actually believe that."

That's merely an example, but I think you see my point.
xAliceLiddellx
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 03:54:18 AM »

What made my day is that on Friday we are starting the filming for the London part of our fan made Alice: Madness Returns live action!! SO EXCITED!! Hehe!
Plus I get to age one of my friends with make up and powder her hair white to make her look a bit like Nurse Witless lol
I just hope the cat will be out that day (70/30 chance she will :D)

'Some things only look like they've gone to Hell'.
pwn
Moderately Interested

"Is that what you want?"

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »

I found a stack of old comics I liked.
Here's a sample

Yes, the captions are legit.

ROOK!
War
Moderately Interested

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »

So my friend posted this on forumfield in order to see peoples' reactions. For some reason, the thread was not locked after several days (even after being viewed by the moderators) and he was not temp. banned, LOL. Although the original post is hidden, it can still be viewed through quotes.

18+ only?
Nocturne
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »

Got a new kitten.

わたしはきれいです♥
pwn
Moderately Interested

"Is that what you want?"

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »

What happened to the old kitten?

ROOK!
War
Moderately Interested

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »

Awww it's so soft looking. Congratulations.
Nocturne
Deeply Devoted

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »

What happened to the old kitten?

She's 9 month old now and is a cuddly wuddly angel. :3 I love my babies.
For Chaos my 9 month old.

Thanks War. :3

わたしはきれいです♥
Ismerila
Fly By Night Newb

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »

Another good question! Recently, there was a writing contest that I didn't enter in, but my boyfriend did.  To everybody's (happy) shock, all of the judges loved him.  Soon, he'll be entering in the finals, with a grand prize of up to 250 dollars.  I'm thrilled, honestly.  It almost makes me wish I could have entered.
madnessisonlythebeginning
Moderately Interested

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »

all AMR and AMA related things.  :cheshire:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: